We are Proud to be members of the
Apple Consultants Network.
Rooted Consulting, has has been an active member of the Apple Consultants Network since 2001. As members of the Apple Consultants Network, we are in direct contact with some of the smartest Apple brains in the country. No one can know everything. It is the smarter consultant who knows what they don’t know, and the smartest ones that know where to go for help.
- Who are members of the Apple Consultants Network?
- Members of the Apple Consultants Network are independent consultants with technical expertise in the set up, use, and maintenance of Apple and related third-party products and solutions. There are approximately 3,000 members throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America. They offer a wide variety of services, from setting up an office or network to developing digital video and publishing solutions.
- What are the advantages of hiring a member of the Apple Consultants Network?
- Membership in the Apple Consultants Network demonstrates a dedication to professional development. To ensure the highest quality of customer service, all members are required to hold at least one certification in Mac OS X from Apple.
- Many members are also certified in other Apple technologies and third-party applications. Consultants not only receive valuable training and the latest technical information about Apple and related third-party products and services, but they also have access to other resources that help them stay on the cutting edge of technology. As part of a large network of consultants, they benefit from the knowledge and experience of other members as well as exchange referrals to help clients find a proper fit.
- What is the required certification of an Apple Consultants Network member?
- To help ensure that customers receive the highest quality of consulting services, all members are required to hold at least one certification in Mac OS X. These certifications include:
- Level I – Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- A consultant holding this certification has a verified foundation in Mac OS X client software.
- Level II – Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- A consultant holding this certification has a verified foundation in Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server.
- Level III – Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
- A consultant holding this certification is a full-time professional administrator and/or engineer who manages medium-to-large networks of systems, utilizing Mac OS X server in a demanding and relatively complex multiplatform environment.
- Rooted Consulting, Inc. has two ACSA level consultants on staff.
- How do I know if I need a consultant?
- If you’re like most people, you don’t have the time or ability to properly set up and maintain even a small network of computers, or you may not have someone on your payroll to whom you would entrust that mission-critical responsibility. Consultants can bring a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in the latest Apple products and services to you and your company. The solutions they deliver often more than pay for themselves in reduced costs, increased productivity, and other tangible benefits.
- What types of businesses use consultants?
- Companies of all sizes and in all industries use consultants. To avoid the high costs of a full-time IT staff, many small businesses use consultants as a “virtual” IT staff. Consultants can assess business needs, recommend solutions then implement and support them at a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee. Consultants also work with large companies to integrate Apple technology into their overall network or provide other custom solutions. Many consultants implement solutions such as workflow automation and digital asset management, while other members are UNIX experts who can help scientific companies identify and implement open source research tools or spearhead custom software development.